On the road

Even while I am running like a mother during the day, I take time to notice the beauty of my surroundings. Life is busy, for everyone. So, no matter who you are or where you are, stop for just a second, and look around. You may be surprised by what you see.

Here are just a few of the things I have seen during my runs.

Monday, October 29, 2007

There are no pictures today of my run, unless you want to see a brick wall. So since there is not much to see I'll bear you the lengthy details of how totally bored I was running 7 miles on my treadmill. I did, however, turn my unfinished basement into a page of Pottery Barn catalog. I was living in La La land for a while. The cement walls were replaced with drywall, with an espresso paint finish, and a big screen television. The scruffy, hand-me-down sofa was sent to the trash and a velvet, slip-covered L-shaped couch from either Pottery Barn or Quatrine took its place. I even found room for a wine cellar, tucked back behind the stairwell, with cherry built-ins and a limestone floor. We have a bar, with a full kitchen displaying all stainless appliances and granite counter tops; and, my treadmill is lined next to all my free weights in my personal gym; the walls are painted a light green and there are double french doors that lead out to my brick patio and a hosta garden. I even have a black, rod iron day bed in my gym - just in case I get tired, nice! Outside my gym there is a full bathroom outfitted with double pedestal sinks. The marble counter top match my marble shower, which provides me a place to shower in peace. And, we have an in-law suite in the basement - the perfect retreat for my folks when they come to visit.

I was lost in my daydream, sprinting, towards the end of my run. I could hear the music roll off the big screen television and I could feel my comfy new sofa wrap me up at the end of the day. I forgot, for a while, that I was running. Finally, the belt slowed down and the flickering lights of my unfinished basement brought me back to reality - to brick walls.

No comments: